World is full of amazing wonders which are also full of history and amazing architecture. It is definitely exciting and worth to travel down the path of history and explore it. Here is a list of a few historical sites which should be on your travel list.
- Taj Mahal: Taj Mahal built in 1600’s is a symbol of undying love of mughal emperor Shah Jahan for his late wife. Located in city of Agra in North India is one of the most popular of seven wonders of world is the finest examples of Islamic architecture which is built totally out of marble and is known for its symmetry as it looks exactly the same when seen from any of the four sides. This symbol of love is a must visit.
- Pyramids: Pyramids of Giza are over 3000 years old and it is the only ancient wonder of the world. It has been built for over so many years and still we have no idea how Egyptians built them. No one has yet been able to figure out the mystery behind them or how they are built so precisely or when they were built. Visiting the Pyramids will leave you in awe and leave a lasting impression on you.
- Machu Picchu: Located in Peru the remains of this ancient city were discovered I 1911 is by far the most beautiful ancient site of the world. It is believed that it was the most important culture centre of the Inca civilization. One might wonder how it was built by erecting so many large stones atop a mountain peak, the place seem to be sacred and extraordinary.
- Colosseum: It is one of the most popular landmarks in Europe and also the newest entry to the Seven Wonders of the World. It is believed to be built around 1st century AD and could seat around 45,000 people in its amphitheater. During the Middle Ages many gladiators contests, cruel and bloody fights were organized there by emperors. It is definitely worth a visit and get a guided tour there.
- Stonehenge: It is a prehistoric monument located in Wiltshire, England it is believed to be around 3000 year old. Stonehenge is a circular structure made out of long standing stones, smaller stone of the structure are referred to as “bluestones”. Stones are believed to have been brought all the way from Wales but it still remains a mystery as to how is it possible.